Some questions to help guide you in your current events analysis:
1. What is the author's thesis regarding the article in question?
2. List at least 3 supporting facts the author states in reference to the thesis.
3. Give an example of a comparative situation to the article that exists in the U.S.
4. What variables, if any, is the author trying to examine in the article? Which important variables are left
out or disregarded by the author?
5. What is your overall impression of the article? Is it persuasive or descriptive? Is it an accurate assessment
of the situation.
Remember to check the handout regarding the CURRENT EVENTS PACKET for more in-depth information.